Blockchain Africa Conference 23
Since 2015, Bitcoin Events has been hosting the annual Blockchain Africa Conferences, the first of their kind in Africa. The popular conferences have attracted some of the top thought leaders and pioneers in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industries worldwide, including Charles Hoskinson, Founder and CEO of IOHK, Founder of Cardano, and Director of The Bitcoin Project; Sam Bankman-Fried, Founder at Alameda Research, and CEO and Founder of FTX; and Andreas M. Antonopoulos, security and distributed systems expert, coder, entrepreneur and author.
The conference themes have evolved in line with the global adoption of blockchain technology: ‘Beyond the Hype’, ‘From Hype to Mainstream’ and most recently ‘Ready for Business?’
As blockchain technology matures, we are seeing less blockchain experiments and more development of robust enterprise-ready solutions that are transforming many digital businesses; for example, cross-border blockchain-based payments which are faster, cheaper and more secure; and in supply chain management, where blockchain technology improves tracking, greatly reduces transaction settlement time and automates payments using smart contracts.
Key streams are:
- Blockchain-based use-cases across both financial and non-financial industries
- Cryptocurrency/digital asset regulation
- Blockchain technology hurdles and challenges
The objectives are:
- To provide contextual understanding of blockchain technology and the opportunities that it presents for Africa.
- To deliver well-structured content that will meet the needs of different stakeholders and different industries.
- To provide networking opportunities focused on creating business partnerships and collaborations that will create employment, drive economic growth and catapult development.
The Blockchain Africa Conference is an event that captivates and educates a global audience as Bitcoin Events continues to educate the African community, spread awareness and encourage networking within the space.
Join us at Africa’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency conference, the 9th edition of the Blockchain Africa Conference, which will be hosted as a in-person event for the first time since 2020.